This easy yet delicious recipe is a cinch to make. You reserve part of the chicken marinade for the sauce, add cilantro and then puree it in a blender. The sauce is so visually rich – your plate looks amazing! (Tastes that way too!)
Lime Cilantro Chicken (adapted from a Womansday.com, June 2010)
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. minced jalapeno pepper*
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1.5 Tbsp. sugar
- up to 12 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4″ – 1/3″ thickness
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Combine oil, lime juice, orange juice, garlic, jalapeno pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Transfer 1 cup of this mixture to a ziplock bag and add the sugar; seal bag and turn a few times to mix. Reserve the remaining lime juice mixture (about 2/3 cups). Add chicken breasts to the ziplock, turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate chicken and reserved marinade, separately, overnight. Occasionally turn the ziplock bag with the chicken the next day.
- Brush grill with oil or coat with nonstick grilling spray. Heat outdoor grill or indoor pan (that’s what I used) over medium-high heat.
- Put reserved lime juice mixture and cilantro in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Remove chicken breasts from bag (discard liquid in bag). Grill chicken 2-4 minutes per side (if pounded thin), turning once, until nicely browned and grilled through. Remove from grill.
- Serve hot or at room temperature. Serve with the sauce drizzled on each breast.
*If spicy isn’t your thing you can leave this ingredient out.