This recipe is an all around winner. It’s adapted from a recipe by dietitian Ellie Krieger, so its healthful. Add to that it’s easy to make, beautiful on a plate, and the leftovers are absolutely scrumptious! Unlike the dish you would purchase for Chinese take-out, this chicken stir-fry recipe isn’t fried. Instead the chicken gets its great flavor via a marinade. And it only needs to marinate for 20 minutes.
The recipe calls for ‘toasted sesame oil’ but if all you have on hand is regular sesame oil, by all means, use that. It will still be delicious! And, like all stir-fries, have your ingredients prepped and at-hand when ready to cook.
Sesame Chicken Recipe (adapted from Food Network Magazine, October 2010)
- 5 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 4 tsp. toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 1/4 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 6 tsp. canola oil, divided
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. grated, peeled ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 to 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili paste (or more, if you like your stir-fry spicy)
- 4 cups snows peas, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Whisk 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, 2 tsp. sesame oil and all the honey in a bowl. Add the chicken and toss well to coat. Marinate 20 minutes.
- Whisk the broth, sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, chili paste and the remaining 2 Tbsp. soy sauce in a bowl; set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade using a slotted spoon; discard marinade. Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray then add 2 teaspoons of the canola oil and heat over medium-high. Cook the chicken in 2 batches, turning once or twice, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes (add 2 more teaspoons canola oil between the batches). Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of canola oil in the skillet. Add the scallions, ginger and garlic and cook, stirring 1 minutes. Add the broth mixture to the skillet (whisk the contents once again before adding it) and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add the snow peas to the skillet and cook 1 minute. Return the chicken to the skillet and heat through. If desired, top with the sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Diva Entertains has a large selections of purse and shoe favors sure to please all female guests!