Because I’m a bit of a Type-A personality, and I always run out of time… I decided to plan ahead this year. For the last couple of weeks, I’ve been on the lookout for projects the kids and I can do for the holidays. Here are a few links to some fun Thanksgiving decorations that I think we need to try, to spruce up the table AND our place settings on Turkey Day!
- Turkey Pop Favors (the kids will love these!)
- Fall Napkin Tags (made from clay – perfect for tying around napkins)
- “I am thankful for” tags (FREE printable!)
- Mixed Leaves Centerpiece (kids can help me collect items to put IN the vase)
- And some VERY cute 3-D pumpkins for centerpieces:
Last, but not least… we talk A LOT about our extended family around Thanksgiving and during the holiday season, and I thought it might be fun to make a family tree. Here is a lovely Family Tree Tutorial WITH a free printable, to make a Finger Print Family Tree.. using the KIDS’s fingerprints. Talk about a holiday treasure, both now and for the future. The tutorial is from Sugar and Dots.
I know we still need to get through Halloween this next week, but are YOU already thinking about the holiday parties? (Please tell me I’m not alone in planning ahead??)