This fabulous, elegant appetizer recipe, and beautiful photography, is brought to you by LoriesMississippiKitchen. And let me tell you – it’s a “Keeper”.
First of all, I love that it’s a wonton cup recipe; meaning that by using store-bought wonton wrappers most of the prep work is already done for you. And then there’s the sublime flavors of avocado, pesto and goat cheese mixed in a light yet decadent mousse. Yum!
Avocado, Pesto and Goat Cheese Mousse in Crispy Poppy Seed Wonton Cups
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 18 wonton wrappers
- 1-2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (6-ounce) package goat cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Basil leaves for garnish
3. To assemble, fill a zip lock bag with the avocado mixture and cut a small home in one corner of the bag, using it like a pastry bag. Pipe a dollop into each cup. Garnish with a small basil leaf. Serve immediately.