Looking for a great summer dessert recipes (for adults)? This is IT! These limoncello squares recipe come from Intermezzo magazine and it is one of my favorites. You can make it using homemade limencello or store-bought (I purchased mine). Note that if you would like a less tangy lemon flavor you should use half the amount of limoncello and add an extra 1/2 cup of cream.
- 2 sticks butter, unsalted and softened
- 1/2 cup cofectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups flour
- 8 eggs
- grated zest and juice from 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups limoncello
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Confectioners’ sugar for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 13″ x 9″ baking pan and set aside
- Make crust. In food processor, combine all ingredients. Pulse until a soft dough is formed. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in additional flour, if necessary, to make a soft, not sticky, dough.
- Press crust into bottom of prepared pan. bake 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Make filling. Whisk eggs, lemon zest and juice, limoncello and sugar until well combined. Stir in heavy ccream.
- Pour filling over partially-baked crust. Return to oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool in pan on wire cooling rack (refrigerate for easier cutting). Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired, and serve.