Oh my – these Reese’s cup cupcakes are sooo good! Easy and fun to make too! Although you can certainly made the chocolate cupcakes from scratch, I used a packaged cake mix.
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Moist Supreme)
- 24 snack size (.55 oz each) Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. corn syrup
- additional chopped up Reese’s for decorating cupcakes (about 4)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Prepare 2 cupcake pans with 24 liners.
- Placed unwrapped Reese’s cups in the bottom of each liner.
- Make cake mix according to package instructions. Pour batter into each cupcake liner so that they are 2/3rd full. Bake according to package directions. When done, remove from oven and let cool 30 minutes on rack.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Turn heat to lowest setting and add chocolates and corn syrup. Stir constantly until chips are melted and fully blended, then remove from heat. Let frosting cool for 15 minutes.
- After frosting has cooled, frost each cupcake and then decorate with chopped up Reese’s. (If frosting is too warm the Reese’s pieces will melt.)