I must admit that my least favorite part of making cupcakes is getting the batter in the cupcake tins; I always have spillage. So when my friend Liz over at ThatSkinnyChickCanBake share this recipe it had my name written all over it! And Liz’s recipes never disappoints!
Blender Cupcakes, (Adapted from Fine Cooking Magazine)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate,chopped
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 12 capacity muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a blender. Cover with the lid and blend on medium till blended. Pour in the water, oil, egg, and vanilla. Cover with the lid and blend on medium-high speed till smooth and well blended, pausing to scrape down the sides once or twice. Pour into lined muffin cups, dividing evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of one cupcake comes out clean, 17–19 minutes. Cool on rack for about 10 minutes, and then remove cupcakes from pan to rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave, stirring occasionally till smooth. Add condensed milk, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Whisk until well blended. Set aside at room temperature, whisking frequently.Let cool before frosting cupcakes.