Still searching for that speical dessert for New Years Eve? How about a Kit Kat Cake? It looks so impressive but it’s actually not difficult to make. Kids and adults will love it!
Kit Kat Cake
- 2 boxes white cake mix, batter prepared
- 1 recipe Whipped Chocolate Ganache
- 34 mini Kit Kat bars
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a rimmed 13-by-18-inch baking sheet and line the bottom with parchment. Spread batter in pan and bake cake until done, about 40 min. Cool, then turn out on a wire rack and remove parchment.
2. Cut cake to make 3 equal pieces measuring about 4 1/2 by 11 inches each; discard cake scraps or save for another use. Cut the 3 layers in half horizontally to make 6 very thin and even cake layers.
3. On a serving platter top one thin cake layer with about 1/3 cup Whipped Chocolate Ganache and spread in an even layer. Repeat with remaining 5 layers. Frost the entire outside of the cake, smoothing the sides and top.
4. Pipe rows of 1/2-inch dots of ganache around the base of the cake. Decorate the edges with Kit Kat bars and the top with sliced Kit Kat bars. Chill until ready to serve. Serves 14 to 16
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 pound (16 oz) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat cream and confectioners’ sugar in a saucepan to a simmer. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate in a mixing bowl. Let sit 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
2. Set bowl over another bowl filled with ice and water, and allow mixture to cool. Stir until ganache is cold to the touch, about 5 min. Whip ganache in a mixer until lighter in color and just fluffy (don’t overwhip or ganache will curdle). Use immediately.
Photo and Recipe courtesy of Ladies Home Journal