Looking for a fabulous lemon shrimp pasta recipe? This is it! It bursts with fresh flavors (lemon, sundried tomatoes, parsley) and is really quite easy to make. It’s also wonderful if you also add scallops to the recipe.
They key to making this dish a simple undertaking is to have all the prep work done prior to cooking (have the capers, tomato, parsley, etc. measured and ready to add to the recipe).
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (8 oz.) bottle of clam juice
- 3 Tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. drained, small capers
- 1/3 cup diced, drained oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (at least) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb. linguine
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese to pass around the table
- Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a large pot for cooking the pasta. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil and 1 Tbsp. of the butter in a large skillet over med-high heat. Once melted and pan is hot, add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 15 seconds over high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until just opaque, about 1-3 minutes (depends on size of shrimp and how hot your pan is). Remove shrimp to large plate.
- Add wine to the pan and increase the heat to high. Simmer until liquid is reduced and syrupy, about 2 minutes. Add clam juice and lemon juice, bring them to a boil, and then cook until mixture is reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 8 minutes.
- Drain pasta (reserving 1 cup of liquid if needed) and return pasta to the pot. Add shrimp to clam juice mixture for about 30 seconds, then pour contents over pasta. Add the capers, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley and lemon zest, mix gently to combine. Add remaining 3 Tbsp. of butter in three portions. If still too dry, add reserved cooking liquid, 1 Tbsp. at a time, as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Plate and serve with grated cheese to pass.
Turn to Diva Entertains when looking for fabulous party favors!