Once again a big “Thank You” to my friend Danielle over at Hugs&CookiesXOXO Blog for this totally decadent Reese Peanut Butter Cheesecake recipe. What makes it extra yummy is the peanut butter cookie crust!
Reese Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Peanut Butter Cookie Crust
- 9 ounces Pillsbury Peanut Butter Cookie Dough (or use the mix of your choice)
Pat cookie dough into a nonstick foil lined 8×8 pan. Preheat oven to 325.
- 2 (8 oz. each) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 ounces mini Reese’s peanut butter cups cut into quarters (plus a few extra for garnish later)
- 2 oz. chocolate chips
- Beat cream cheese until it is very smooth, about 3 minutes. Add in granulated sugar until the mixture is combined. Add eggs, one a time and continue beating. Add sour cream and vanilla extract until fully combined. Fold the cut pb cups into mixture and spread evenly into pan.
- Bake until the edges are set but the middle still jiggles slightly when the pan is shaken slightly, 40-45 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking.
Place the pan on a cooling rack and allow the bars to cool for 2 hours. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, and up to 24 hours.
- Using the overhanging foil, lift the bars from the pan. Gently remove the foil and cut into bars. Melt chips in microwave and drizzle across bars. Top with another quarter of peanut butter cup!