It’s blueberry time! And that means new recipes to showcase my favorite summer fruit! These featundre a delicious oat crust and a lemony cheesecake filling. And lots of fresh blueberries:).
Recipe and photo courtesy of Taste of the South magazine.
Fresh Blueberry Oat Bars
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 Tbsp. flour, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- confections sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a 13″ x 9″ baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together 1 1/4 cups flour, oats, 2/3 cups sugar, baking powder and butter. Lightly press oat mixture into the bottom of prepared dish. Bake until crust begins to brown around edges, approximately 15 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add remaining 1 cup sugar and remaining 2 Tbsp. flour; beat until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended. Add lemon juice and vanilla. Spread bleuberries over cooled crust; pour cream cheese mixture over blueberries.
- Bake until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge of the baking dish comes out clean and the center feels firm when lightly touched, approximately 40 minutes. Let cool for 2 hours on a wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, approximately 3 hours. Cut into squares. Garnish with confections’ sugar just before serving, if desired.