My mother, who is a fabulous cook, has been making this recipe for years. And so have I. It is so much moister than the cornbreads I’ve had when eating in restaurants – the latter always seem to disappoint. But this moist cornbread recipe won’t. It only takes minutes to mix and no need for beaters or a stand mixer; simply mix by hand.
This recipe easily doubles. If you decide to make a double batch, bake it in a 9″ x 13″ baking pan. You can even freeze the left overs!
Delicious, Moist Cornbread
Makes one 11″ x 7″ pan of cornbread
- 1 (8.5 oz) pkg. corn muffin mix (I use Jiffy)
- 1 (8 oz) can of cream style corn, (drain partially but leave some liquid)
- 1 (8 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (I prefer unsalted)
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir together all ingredients and pour mixture into a greased 11″ x 7″ baking dish. Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until top is lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy! (I told you it was easy!)