I love blueberries! Most people think of them as a breakfast fruit or a dessert fruit – I sure did. But then I came across this recipe for pork chops with a blueberry sauce and I just had to give it a try. The recipe caught my attention because the ‘sweet’ was also tempered with Dijon mustard and lemon juice.
The recipe is very easy to make and the sauce can easily be made a day or two ahead of time.
Grilled Pork Chops with Blueberry Sauce (Cuisine at Home, June 2010)
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
For the Pork Chops
- 4 bone in pork chops ( 4 to 6 oz. each)
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate with oil.
- Saute shallots and jalapeno in oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat until soft, about 2 minutes. Add blueberries, vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon, garlic powder, and salt; simmer until sauce thickens, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor; pulse until pureed. Return sauce to pan over medium heat. Stir in lemon juice; simmer sauce 1-2 minutes more, stirring often. Remove sauce from heat; set aside.
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Grill pork according to your preferred level of doneness; typicallly 4 – 6 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your chops. Remove pork from grill and tent with foil; let rest 5 minutes.
- Serve pork with sauce on the side or drizzled over each chop. If desired, brush some of the sauce over pork during grilling.
Diva Entertains offers a large selection of Favor Boxes, many of which can be personalized.