This simple grilled lamb chops recipe is simply delicious. Good chops need nothing more than a few hours marinating in some olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and chopped fresh rosemary. I usually prepare the marinade in the morning, add the lamb chops to it and then refrigerate them for the day. About an hour before I am ready to cook them I remove them from the fridge to bring them to room temperature.
If you don’t happen to have an herb garden handy:) and you need to purchase rosemary; don’t throw out the leftovers from the package. Rosemary freezez beautifully; just take out the amount that you need from the freezer as you need it.
We cook the lamb chops 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side but every grill and oven is a bit different. If you haven’t cooked lamb chops before and are unsure of timing, start with 3 1/2 minutes per side (on a very hot fire) and see if it meets your desired level of doneness. If not – put them back on for another minute or two.
Simple Grilled Lamb Chops
- 1/2 cup extra virgin oil olive
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 8 lamb loin chops
- Add oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper to shallow dish (or baggie).
- Add lamb chops to the dish (or baggie). Cover and set in the refrigerator, turning occasionally throughout the day.
- Remove the lamb chops from the refrigerator one hour before you plan on cooking in order to bring them to room temperature.
- Grill or broil as usual to desired doneness.
Diva Entertains offers a very large selection of Favor Bags, many of which can be personalized. No matter your theme or color scheme, she has you covered!