These feta muffins, also filled with spinach and roasted red peppers, were a great find. Something a little different, a little ‘fancy’, delicious and….they took just minutes to make. Now I call that a heck of a recipe!
With just a large bowl and a whisk, the batter comes together very quickly. Then fold in your spinach, feta and red peppers – that’s all there is to it.
Although I love the combination of this savory muffin recipe, I can see myself playing with it in the future. Maybe swapping out feta for goat cheese and adding chopped kalamata olives. Blue cheese and pear with a touch of honey in the batter? The sky’s the limit!
Spinach and Feta Muffins (adapted from Bon Appetit, September 2010)
Makes 12 standard muffins or 6 large muffins
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup thinly sliced spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray 12 standard (1/3 cup) muffin cups or 6 large (3/4-cup) muffin cups with nonstick spray. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, paprika, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk milk, oil, and eggs in large bowl to blend. Add dry ingredients; whisk just until blended. Add spinach, feta, and peppers; fold to incorporate evenly. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups (cups will be filled to top).
- Bake muffins until tester inserted into center comes out clean, 22-28 minutes for stand muffins and 33 to 35 for large muffins. Cool 5 minutes. Run knife around muffins to release from pan. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
Diva Entertains has a large selection of unique and beautiful Baby Shower Favors!