I couldn’t decide what to call these. Where they chocolate nut cookies? Almond paste cookies? Chocolate pistachio cookies? Well, whatever you call them, they are sure to be a hit! Perfect for the holidays. They look fancy-schmancy, don’t they? It’s all looks, tho – they are surprisingly easy to make.
Sophisticated Nut Cookies (adapted from Taste of Home, Oct/Nov 2010)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup almond pasta
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup pistachios, finely chopped and toasted
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, sugar and almond paste until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour and mix well. Shape into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour or until easy to handle (it will be sticky unless refrigerated).
- Divide dough into eight equal portions; divide each portion in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 12″ rope; cut each rope into 2″ lengths. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 F 6 – 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire wracks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip ends of each cookie in chocolate, then in pistachios. Let stand on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container.
*I used Callebaut semi-sweet chocolate, but chocolate chips work beautifully too. If you find the melted chips a bit too thick to work with, just add 1 tsp. of vegetable oil.
Turn to Diva Entertains for the largest selection of custom favors! Don’t see what you are looking for? Call us – we may be able to find it create it for you!