I invented this peanut butter recipe recently. Well, I actually borrowed most of it from my Chocolate “Ganach-ed” Cream Cheese Brownies. The difference is I developed a super creamy, luscious peanut butter cream filling. And so easy to make – just 1 stick of butter, one cup of peanut butter and one cup of powdered sugar!
After you take the brownie base out of the oven, let it cool for at least 30 minutes. Otherwise, if you spread the peanut butter creme over it the butter in the mixture would melt and you don’t want that. Then put the peanut butter brownies in the fridge for 30 minutes before you pour the chocolate ganache over it.
If you want to ‘fancy up’ the presentation of your brownies, a bit of chopped Reese’s candies or peanuts will do the trick! Add immediately after you pour the ganache.
Peanut Butter Cream Brownies
Makes one 13″ x 9″ pan of brownies
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 T. cocoa powder (optional)
Peanut Butter Cream
- 4 oz. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz. (2 cups) chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix brownies according to package directions. Add chocolate chips and cocoa powder, if using. Add to greased 9″x13″ pan.
- Bake according to brownie mix directions, although start testing the brownies with a toothpick about 5 minutes before the baking time listed on the mix. You don’t want to over bake. A toothpick that comes out clear (or with the slightest crumb attached) signals it is done. Remove from oven and bring to room temperature; at least 30 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking prepare the peanut butter cream. Beat the butter, peanut butter and powder sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Set aside. Once the brownies have cooled to room temperature, spread the peanut butter cream over the brownies. Put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- While the brownies are in the fridge, prepare the chocolate ganache. In a medium-sized saucepan bring the 1 cup of heavy cream to a boil. As soon as it boils turn off the heat and remove from heat. Add chocolate chips immediately. Let stand 5 minutes, then mix thoroughly until chocolate is well blended. Let sit 20 minutes, then remove brownies from the refrigerator and pour ganache over it. Return brownies to fridge until ready to serve. These brownies freeze beautifully!