Just in time for Easter, I’m sure you’ll loved these delicious, homemade cinnamon rolls. And they take only minutes to make (no making of the dough or rolling out). The secret? Using store bought, frozen puff pastry. Which is a truly delicious alternative to the time-consuming, traditional cinnamon roll recipe.
Easy Cinnamon Rolls Recipe (adapted from “First for Woman” 2/21/11)
Makes 12 (you can also cut the recipe in half and make 6)
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pkg. (17.3 oz) frozen puff pastry dough (sheets), thawed
- Heat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a (12 piece) cupcake pan with non-stick cooking pay.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- On a clean work surface, unfold one sheet of puff pastry dough; spread evenly with 2 Tbsp. butter. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 of the cinnamon mixture. Starting from long side, roll dough jelly-roll style; cut into 6 pieces (cut in half and then each half in thirds). Repeat with remaining pastry dough.
- Place 1 roll, cut side down, in each well of prepared pan. Don’t worry that it seems so small in each well – it expands as it bakes. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately remove rolls from pan onto a cooling rack. Drizzle with icing and serve.
Icing: Not exactly a recipe, but to give a bit of direction. Put 2 cups of powdered sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Start off with 1/3 cup of milk or heavy cream (I like heavy cream) and mix. Keep adding liquid, a little at a time, until you’ve achieved a consistency that you like.
Visit Diva Entertains for exception party favors!