Aren’t these caramel bar cookies absolutely fabulous looking! Topped off with pieces of your favorite candy bar (shown here with Milky Way chunks). This divine recipe comes to you from a fabulous baker and a new guest blogger of mine, Danielle at Hugs and Cookies Blog (she calls them her “Milky Way Madness Bars” – gotta love that!).
Danielle’s recipe is easy and straightforward and will result in a decadent, rich bar cookie that will be an instant hit. And you decide what candy bar you’d like to top these caramel bars with (Snickers, Mars, Milk Way, Reeses, etc – the sky’s the limit!!).
Candy Bar Caramel Bar Cookies (adapted a tad from Hugs and Cookies Milky Way Madness Bars)
Makes one 9″ x 13″ pan of bar cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- Beat all ingredients together until crumbly and combined and pat down evenly in a 9″ x 13″ pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. (Alternatively you can line the pan with non-stick foil). Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes until edges just start to brown.
- 40 caramel (from a bag of individually wrapped caramels)
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir, and then keep microwaving at 30 second increments (stirring in between) until the mixture is smooth.
Candy Bar Topping
- 1 bag mini size candy bars. Cut the mini’s into 4 slices each, however, if using larger candy bars just cut into small pieces.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the caramel layer and chop up the candy bars.
- Let crust cool 5 – 10 minutes and then pour on the caramel layer and spread evenly across the cookie base. Place the candy bar pieces on top of caramel to decorate and chill completely before cutting. These are very easy to cut when very cold and should remain in the fridge until ready to eat (caramel will get too gooey if left out).
Turn to Diva Entertains Party Favors to discovered fabulous party favors for all ages!