Summer means guacamole in our house, although as I think about it, this is a wonderful appetizer and garnish year round. After trying so many homemade guacamole recipe over the years – we’ve come to think of this one as the very best. I hope you’ll give it a try to see for yourself!
The keys to making this recipe are two-fold: 1) don’t mash the avocados. Instead, cut the avocados in small pieces and then gently mix all the ingredients together. The act of mixing will serve to partially mash the avocados while still leaving some good side chunks. 2) Don’t skimp on the cilantro – it really adds to the bright, fresh flavor of this dish.
This healthy guacamole recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 cup of fresh tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup of sweet or red onion, diced
- 1 cup of cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1/2 lime, more to taste
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the all ingredients except salt and pepper. Gently mix until ingredients are combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Turn to Diva Entertains for fabulous party favors!