I came across a mango salsa recipe soon after we married and it was my first ‘fancy meal’ for company! 17 years later I still make it when I want to impress. It’s a very easy fruit salsa recipe that takes about 15 minutes to throw together. Mango salsa is delicious on most fish, chicken and pork.
Feel free to add/change ingredients to this mango salsa. And although the recipe above calls for cilantro, it is equally as good with parsley.
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 T. honey (use more if you would like it sweeter)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (green and white parts)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1.5 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, washed, stem removed, seeded and minced
- 1 T. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.