Many thanks to my friends Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake for these fabulous photos and Danielle at Hugs and Cookies XOXO for the recipe – both are fabulous bakers and I am honored that they let me share their skills with you! Please check out their sites for more fabulous recipes!
Brownies from scratch are simple to make as shown in the recipe; but if you’d like to use a brownie mix instead feel free to.
Chocolate Caramel Brownies,
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounce bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line 9 x 13 pan with non-stick foil.
- Melt the butter and 12 oz. chips in microwave until melted. Stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Fold in flour and salt. Pour half into your pan and bake 20 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes. Microwave the caramels and cream until melted. Spread the caramel in a layer on top. Carefully spread the rest of the batter on top of the caramel. Scatter the chocolate chips on top. Bake 20 more minutes.
- Cool in pan. Then refrigerate for cleaner cutting. Remove using foil as handles.