Today I’m sharing another fab recipe from my friend Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake Blog. It’s delicious!! I love that there are so many different forms of red velvet desserts.
Liz shares this advice for cutting the brownies: To cut clean slices, chill your brownies, then use a hot knife to cut. I dip my knife into a glass of extremely hot water, dry it off, then cut. Bring back to room temperature to serve.
Red Velvet Brownie Recipe with White Chocolate Frosting
- 1 stick (1/2cup) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
White Chocolate Frosting for Brownies:
- 1 stick ( 1/2 cup) butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line 8 x 8 pan with nonstick foil or regular foil. Grease regular foil with cooking spray if using.
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa powder, food coloring and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla to form a paste. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, then add second teaspoon of vanilla. Then beat in cocoa paste. Add flour and salt, and mix just until combined.
- Spread in pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before frosting.
- For Frosting: Cream butter with mixer till fluffy. Add vanilla. Slowly mix in powdered sugar, then white chocolate. Add enough milk to reach desired consistency. Ice cooled brownies.