These delicious mascarpone filled strawberries are the perfect ending to a summer meal or as offering on a dessert buffet. This terrific and *easy* recipe comes to you via my good friend Liz at The Skinny Chick Can Bake blog. Please check her blog out and sign up for her posts; you’ll be glad you did!
Now back to these wonderful one bite desserts. Mascarpone is similar to cream cheese but a bit sweeter and richer (oh my – how wonderful is that!). The only other ingredients is a bit of sugar, cream and vanilla. And the strawberries of course!
- 16 large strawberries (Driscoll’s are wonderful!)
- 1 1/2 cups Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Recipe adapted from Driscoll’s.
- Prepare strawberries. To make the presentation in the top photo, trim off stem end, then place stem end down on a cutting board. Cut berry into quarters from top to almost the bottom of the berry, taking care not to cut all the way through. Place berries stem side down of serving platter.
- An alternative is to trim a bit off the non-stem end to allow for the berry to stand upright. Slice off stem end and remove the core. Place these on the platter with the stem side up.
- To make filling, beat Mascarpone with cream, sugar and vanilla till smooth. Put filling into a piping bag fit with a star tip or even a Zip-loc bag with just a corner cut off. Pipe the filling into the the middle of each berry. Garnish with a small sprig of mint if desired.
- Makes 16.