Just in time for summer – a fun brownie recipe that is sure to delight ‘kids’ of all ages! And if baking in ice cream cones sounds like fun – you can also make cupcakes in a cone! This recipe and pic from Taste of Home magazine.
Brownies In A Cone Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 17 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Colored sprinkles
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions, using 3 eggs. Place the ice cream cones in muffin cups; spoon about 3 tablespoons batter into each cone.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and tops are dry (do not overbake). Cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip tops of brownies in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 17 servings.
- Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Keebler ice cream cones. These brownies cones are best served the day they’re prepared.