These chocolate glazed, peanut butter cream topped brownies truly are *divine*. Sinful? Maybe. Worth it? Definitely.
I found this recipe on the Womans Day (magazine) website and have modified it slightly. Although there are 3 steps to it, they are all quite easy and take only minutes.
Important Note: Depending on what kind of peanut butter you use (I always use all- natural) and how thick the peanut butter is – the “creaminess” of the peanut butter layer could vary. If it is too stiff (mine was), add 1 Tbsp. of heavy cream (or milk) at a time until it achieves your desired creaminess. It should be rich, thick and smooth.
Chocolate Glazed Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup marshmallow cream (such as Marshmallow Fluff or Creme)
- 3/4 stick (6 Tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 6 ounce(s) bittersweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 5 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) light corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-in. square pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie mix as package directs for. Stir in peanut butter chips and peanuts. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Peanut Butter Cream: Beat peanut butter, marshmallow cream and butter in a medium bowl with mixer on high speed until well blended. Reduce speed to low, add confectioners’ sugar and beat until blended. If cream is too stiff and not smooth, add 1 Tbsp. of heavy cream at a time, until cream is ‘creamy’ and easy to spread. Spread evenly over brownie.
- Glaze: Microwave chocolate and butter, stirring at 30-second intervals, until melted and smooth. Cool slightly; stir in corn syrup. Spread evenly over cream. Refrigerate 1 hour until cream is firm and glaze sets.