These s’mores brownies are so rich, so decadent and *SO* delicious that you’ll find yourself making them throughout the year. Although there are several steps to making them, each is easy and takes only minutes to do. Add these to your holiday dessert trays and see them disappear fast!
Here are some tips to help with preparation and serving:
- brownies are best a little undercooked and fudgy. Start checking for doneness at least 10 minutes before the brownie mix directions tell you too. Take them out of the oven when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs on it.
- These chocolate ganache topped marshmallow brownies are best kept refrigerated until serving. The picture above was taken 20 minutes after the brownie was cut – that’s when the marshmallow begins to ooze a bit which makes for a dramatic presentation.
S’mores Brownies Recipe
- 1 fudge brownie mix (for a 9″ x 13″ baking pan)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) butter, melted (I like to use unsalted)
- 1 jar marshmallow cream/fluff (7 to 10 oz. jar)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips (12 oz)
Make Graham Cracker Layer & Brownie Layer:
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter with a wooden spoon or spatula. Once well mixed (the mixture will be moist), pour it into the prepared pan, spread it evenly over the entire bottom and pat down.
- Now make brownie mix as directed. Pour batter evenly over crumb layer.
- Bake according to brownie directions although test for doneness at least 10 minutes before the brownie mix directions tell you too. Take them out of the oven when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs on them. When done, remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
Marshmallow Cream/Fluff Layer:
- Spoon dollops of marshmallow cream on top of the layer (try to evenly distribute). Use the entire jar.
- Let sit 5 minutes. Marshmallow cream is much easier to spread after it sits a bit.
- Spread cream evenly over brownie layer.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Make Chocolate Ganache Layer:
- Pour the heavy whipping cream in a small cooking pot; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Shake pot so that cream covers chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes. Then mix well until chocolate is smooth and a rich dark color.
- Pour chocolate over the marshmallow layer, spreading evenly. Return to refrigerator until ganache is firm, at least 2 hours.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve (cold brownies are the best!).