I love taking a store bought product (that is already delicious) and ‘fancy-ing’ it up a bit. Of course famous nutter butter cookies are great on their own but once you dip them in chocolate, there’s no going back! My chocolate dip is a mixture of cream, corn syrup (just a tiny bit) and chocolate for a shiny look and decadent taste.
Chocolate Dipped Nutter Butter Cookies
- 1 package Nutter Butter cookies
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. light corn syrup
- 1 cup (8 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chopped peanuts, optional
- 1. Bring heavy cream and corn syrup to a boil in a small saucepan. As soon as it boils, turn off stove and remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and shake pan so chips are covered with the cream. Let sit 5 minutes, then mix very well until fully combined (mixture will turn a uniform dark brown).
- Dip half of each Butter Nutter into chocolate and scrape excess off using side of pan. Set on waxed paper. If using, sprinkle chopped peanuts on top. Let chocolate set (this will take several hours). You can hasten having the chocolate dip set by putting the cookies in the fridge for 30 minutes or so.