I’m always on the look out for recipes using oreo cookies. Or sometimes I’ll create one! Such was the case for these Oreo cookie brownies. Using a boxed brownie mix makes these especially easy to make!
I used one cup each of chocolate and white chocolate chips, however, you can use 2 cups of the same type if you’d prefer.
Fudge Oreo Cookie Brownies
- 1 package fudge brownie mixes for a 9″ x 13″ pan
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 package Oreo cookies (you’ll use 24 Oreos)
Chocolate Ganache Topping (optional)
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9″ x 13″ pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, empty fudge brownie mixes and prepare according to package instructions. Add the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Lay 24 Oreos on top of the batter – 4 across each row, 6 rows in total with about 1/2″ in between each Oreo. Lightly press Oreo into batter.
- Bake according to package directions, starting to check for doneness as directed on the package. When a toothpick come out clean or with moist crumbs sticking to it – the brownies are done; remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, while brownies are baking and if you are topping them with chocolate ganache, pour the heavy cream into a medium saucepan. Bring to boil then turn off stove and remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and shake pan so that cream covers chocolate. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes and then stir until chocolate and cream are totally blended (mixture will turn very dark). When brownies come out of the oven, pour the ganache over the brownies and spread evenly with a spatula. Refrigerate until ganache sets. Cut into 24 pieces (trying to cut between oreos) and serve.