Here’s another fabulous recipe from my friend Liz at ThatSkinnyChickCanBake Blog. Looking for mint desserts recipes? You’ll only need this one! Isn’t it a beauty?
Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Bars, yields 16 bars
- 1 ½ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Stir together crust ingredients and press into a 8×8 pan lined with non-stick foil or regular foil sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Add egg and mix till incorporated. Mix in flour. Stir in creme de menthe. Spread batter over cooled crust and bake 30-35 minutes. Cool.
- Melt butter with chocolate chips in microwave, stopping and stirring in 30 second increments, till melted and smooth. Mix in corn syrup. Cool slightly before pouring over cream cheese layer. Chill completely before cutting.