I picked up a book called “Best Church Recipes” when our library had a booksale and I darn neared drooled over these chocolate peanut butter eggs. They were super easy to make too!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs Recipe, yields about 5 1/2 dozen
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (17.3 oz.) creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioner’s sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut (optional)
- 6 cups (36 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup shortening
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Beat in sugar. Stir in coconut if desired. Form rounded tablespoonfuls into egg shapes. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs until coated; place on waxed paper to harden.
- For more decorative eggs, place about 1/4 cup melted chocolate in a small plastic bag (ziplock). Cut a hole in the corner of the bag; pipe chocolate over tops of eggs as shown above. Store in refrigerator.