My friends Liz is so generous to allow me to share her *fab* recipes with you! This stuffed chocolate chip bar recipe (with fudge and toffee) fast became one of my all-time favorites. Thanks Liz – another winner! Please visit her blog, ThatSkinnyChickCanBake and sign-up for her posts!
Fudge and Toffee Stuffed Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 15 (4 ounces) fun size Heath bars, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with non stick foil (or use regular foil and spray with cooking spray).
- Make cookie dough by creaming butter and sugar, then mixing in egg. Mix in flour, salt and baking soda, then chocolate chips.
- Press about 2/3 of dough into the bottom of the pan. Use offset spatula to evenly cover bottom of pan with dough.
- Melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate over the cookie dough.
- Sprinkle Heath bar chunks over melted chocolate.
- Take spoonfuls of remaining dough and drop over chocolate layer. Carefully spread out lumps of dough with spatula. It will not totally cover chocolate.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. The top should be set, and golden.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cool completely before serving.
- Yield: 16 bars