You can tell from my posts that I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. LOVE! So when Danielle at Hugs&CookiesXOXO posted this recipe, I just had to share it. The peanut butter layer is like a cheesecake filling thanks to the addition of cream cheese. Rich, decadent and perfect!
A timesaver for this recipe is to use your favorite brownie mix for the bottom layer.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- 3/4 CUP BUTTER
- 6 OUNCES DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 1 1/2 CUPS SUGAR
- 1/2 CUP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 3 EGGS
- 1 TSP. VANILLA
- 1 CUP FLOUR
- 3/4 CUP SEMISWEET CHOC CHIPS
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Layer:
- 8 OUNCES SOFT CREAM CHEESE
- 1/4 CUP BUTTER
- 1 EGG
- 1/2 CUP SUGAR
- 1/2 TSP SALT
- 1/2 TSP. VANILLA
- 1 CUP CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
- Preheat oven to 350 F. and line a 9″ x 13″ pan with non-stick foil.
- In the microwave melt the butter and dark chocolate chips until smooth. Stir in both sugars until incorporated. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Fold in the flour. Pour batter in pan and top with the semisweet chocoalte chips. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the egg and sugar and beat until incorporated. Add the salt, vanilla and peanut butter and beat until smooth. Pour this mixture over the brownie layer and smooth with spatula. Bake approximately 40 minutes and then let cool. Drizzle with melted chocolate and chopped peanut butter cups if desired.