My friend Danielle over at Hugs & CookiesXOXO is at it again. She’s the queen of making decadent desserts. This one had me drooling! And it wasn’t hard to make; Danielle provides the step by step how to make peanut bars that, of course, she embellishes with chocolate, caramel and Reeses! It’s a recipe that I’m sure I’ll be makng over and over and over……
You can sign up to receive her nearly daily recipes! Or follow her on Twitter or Pinterest!
Chocolate Salted Peanut Bars
- 8 ounces Club crackers
- 3/4 cup butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (9 ounces)
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips (1 bag)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Arrange half of the crackers in a single layer over the bottom of the prepared pan. In a medium saucepan combine butter, honey, brown sugar, and cream. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Add graham cracker crumbs, reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook mixture for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon of the sea salt.
- Pour half of the caramel mixture over the crackers in the prepared pan, spreading to cover. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups and peanuts. Pour remaining caramel over. Arrange remaining crackers in a single layer over the caramel, pushing slightly to secure.
- For topping, melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl until melted. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Spread chocolate peanut butter mixture over cracker layer; immediately sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
- Chill bars for 2 hours or until completely firm. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut bars out of the pan. Cut into 32 or 40 squares.