I am a huge fan of Mississippi Mud Cakes, Brownies, Bars and Pies. I love anything that has marshmallow cream in it and topped with the decadent Mississippi Mud icing! When I came across this picture at Taste of Home I just had to make it the same day! All I can say is “YUM!”
Mississippi Mud Cake, yields 6 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- Coat a 6-in. springform pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine the butter, milk and cocoa; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; beat in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla.
- Place springform pan on a wire rack. Immediately spread marshmallow creme over hot cake. Drop 2 tablespoons of frosting over creme; cut through with a knife to swirl. Cool completely.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of Taste of Home Magazine.