My friend Danielle at Hugs&CookiesXOXO has done it again. Chocolate and Peanut Butter recipes are my favorite (a marriage made in heaven) and these decadent chocolate glazed peanut butter cheesecake brownie bars are truly divine.
Danielle provides her delicious homemade brownie recipe below, however, you can also use your favorite packaged mix as a time saver!
Chocolate Glazed Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In the microwave, melt butter and chocolate. Let cool a bit.
- Beat in a mixer the eggs and sugar. Add vanilla and salt.
- Slowly add in the chocolate/butter mixture.
- Fold in the flour.
- Bake in an 8×8 pan lined with parchment or nonstick foil for about 30 minutes. Let cool.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Beat heavy cream to soft peaks and add sugar. Transfer to a bowl.
- Beat the cream cheese and peanut butter.
- Fold whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Spread on top of the thick brownie layer.
Chocolate Glaze: (love this glaze!!!! Cuts awesome!!!!!)
- 2 & 1/4 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- Microwave the butter and chocolate until smooth.
- Stir in the corn syrup.
- Pour over bars and chill until firm.
- Cut using a sharp knife and clean it in between cuts!