If you’ve never had Monkey Bread you are in for a treat. It is ooey-gooey and oh-so-delicious. And ridiculously easy. The ONLY problem with this recipe from the Pioneer Woman is that it is so darn hard to stop eating it!
- 3 cans Buttermilk Biscuits (the Non-flaky Ones)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons (to 3 Teaspoons) Cinnamon
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Open up all three cans of biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Next, combine the white sugar with 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon. (3 teaspoons of cinnamon gives it a fairly strong cinnamon flavor. If you’re not so hot on cinnamon, cut it back to 2 teaspoons.) Dump these into a 1 gallon zip bag and shake to mix evenly.
- Drop all of the biscuit quarters into the cinnamon-sugar mix. Once all the biscuit quarters are in the bag seal it and give it a vigorous shake. This will get all those pieces unstuck from one another and nicely coated with cinnamon-sugar. Spread these nuggets out evenly in the bundt pan.
- At this point, you’re going to want to melt the two sticks of butter together with ½ cup of brown sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. This can be light or dark brown sugar. Cook butter/sugar mixture, stirring for a few minutes until the two become one. Once the brown sugar butter has become one color, you can pour it over the biscuits.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until the crust is a deep dark brown on top. When its finished cooking, remove it from the oven. If you have the willpower, allow it to cook for about 15-30 minutes before turning it over onto a plate.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Pioneer Woman. For her wonderful photos and step-by-step instructions – click here.